Trust Across America- Trust Around the World’s
Year-End Letter (and what a year it’s been)
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
We will close the year with almost 400,000 website visitors accessing close to 1.5 million pages of material, confirming that organizational trust is on the minds of many people worldwide, and so the “I” goal above has been met. We expect to continue this positive trend going forward.
The “You” phase began in late 2013, asking and answering the question “What cost-effective or free resources do you, our audience, need that will help you build trust?
To meet this objective we completed the following twelve projects in 2014:
- Published two additional books in our TRUST Inc. series, and our anchor book, won two national gold awards in business from Nautilus and Eric Hoffer.
- Continued to build the Business Case for Trust using our proprietary FACTS Framework as the foundation.
- Expanded our free You Tube Trust Talks video series which have been watched by thousands of people.
- Added several new free Building Trust Reports. Our Building Trust in Community Leadership Report has been downloaded almost 4000 times this month alone! One need only read the headlines to understand why. Print it and give it as a gift to your local Mayor or Police Chief.
- Launched our free living Trust Bibliography with the help of Bob Easton at Accenture. It’s the largest of its kind in the world and is updated every 6 months. Update coming soon.
- Hosted a series of regional Trust Circle breakfasts and luncheons, engaging in lively discussions and making new friends and business relationships.
- Spoke at colleges and conferences.
- Created a trustworthy leadership survey called the Leader’s Project and began to aggregate data and great stories.
- Launched TRUST! Magazine.
- Brought awareness to the topic of organizational trust with our first global TRUSTGiving Campaign in November, right before Thanksgiving.
- Organized our Alliance members into a Trust Speakers group to meet national and global demand.
- Published our 2015 Weekly Activities for Increasing Organizational Trust poster.
And now we are entering the “We” phase.
During 2014, our Alliance of Trustworthy Business Experts continued to grow, and with each new member came a new trust perspective and more engagement. We collectively began to ask “How can we, as a growing Alliance, collaborate to meet the needs of our global audience?” This will be our focus in 2015 as we move into year #3 of the Alliance formation.
On January 1, 2015, our Alliance will be temporarily closing to new members, and we will maintain a waiting list. Some existing members will be invited back when their membership expires, while others will not. This will be based on shared interest and objectives as we move forward, and on specific areas of organizational trust expertise which may be lacking in our existing group.
If you are considering joining, please do so before the end of the year. All new members are vetted.
I wish each of you the best in 2015 for health, happiness, and more trust. I hope you have enjoyed getting to know us and choose to show your ongoing support for our very important work.
Barbara Brooks Kimmel is the Executive Director of Trust Across America-Trust Around the World whose mission is to help organizations build trust. She is also the editor of the award winning TRUST INC. book series and the Executive Editor of TRUST! Magazine. In 2012 Barbara was named “One of 25 Women Changing the World” by Good Business International.